El Shaddai ‘Nicosia Cyprus Chapter’
(excerpts from the GENERAL PASTORAL GUIDELINES AND OMNIBUS ADMINISTRATIVE CODE)
INTRODUCTION: Today many people wonder about the El Shaddai DWXI Prayer Partners Foundation International. They ask, “What is the El Shaddai DWXI-PPFI all about?” “Why do hundreds of thousands and even millions of people flock to its fellowships, singing and dancing in praise of God for hours, despite the heavy rains or the scorching heat of the sun—whenever and wherever its Mass and Healing Rallies are held?” Observers call it a phenomenon, but the members and followers of the Foundation call it “God’s amazing grace at work” (John 5:17), for it is indeed a manifestation of God at work— performing miracles, particularly among the people who heed the Word of God, healing the sick, and transforming the lives of those who repent and turn away from their wicked ways! The Foundation has undoubtedly become a religious wonder and a “miracle of faith” in the Philippines, as well as in other parts of the world.
EL SHADDAI ETYMOLOGY: El Shaddai is a combination of two Hebrew words: “El” which means God, and “Shaddai” which means Almighty; thus El Shaddai is translated as “God Almighty” (Genesis 17:1; 35:11, NIV). It is one of the seven Covenant Names through which our God the Father, Creator of heaven and earth, revealed Himself to the Israelites, His Chosen people. He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He is the All-Powerful and Ever-Living God. He is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8). He is “The God Who Is More Than Enough.” He is the Source and Provider of all our needs, and with Him, all things are possible.
IDENTITY: The El Shaddai DWXI-PPFI is a Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement. It envisions to bring about a revival of the true Christian spirit in the Catholic faith. It aims to raise up a community of faith-filled-generous believers of the Lord Jesus Christ as recorded in Acts 2:42-47, which by Divine Guidance and Providence has now miraculously established these communities in many areas worldwide. The mission of this foundation is to proclaim to the world the greatness, faithfulness, power, goodness and love of God; to provide relief to people whose hearts and minds are burdened with problems; to heal the spiritual and physical afflictions of men in our time through the infallible Word of God. And most of all, to preach the Good News of salvation offered by our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus said: “Come to me, all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28 We are called not for any personal gain or glorification, but to share the light of Christ Jesus and the joy of our salvation and the power of our faith—to bring about a moral and spiritual revival in our church and community; to give glory to God our Savior; to bring healing to the sick and weary, strength to the weak, deliverance to the captives of wrong beliefs, hope to the hopeless, life to the lifeless, eyes to the blind and to set on fire the love of God and neighbor that will bring the redeemed into a family that cares and shares one’s burdens and blessings for the glory of God, our Heavenly Father—El Shaddai. However, we cannot share what we do not know and what we do not have. And, so, to be able to accomplish this calling, we must first answer the call of Christ to a new life that is in complete surrender to the power of the Holy Spirit.
Vision and Mission of the Ministry Our vision is to bring about a revival of the true Christian spirit in our Catholic faith, particularly among the El Shaddai DWXI-PPFI members and followers, and to raise up a true Christian family and a community of Spirit-filled, generous, loving, victorious, joyful, and united believers of God who care and share each other’s burdens and blessings for the glory of God, our Heavenly Father, El Shaddai as described in Acts 2:42-47. On the other hand, our mission is to share the Light of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Joy of our Salvation, and our faith in Him through our own personal testimonies of the power of His Word such as our conversion through repentance and deliverance from the bondage of sin and vices; the transformation from our old self-centered, destructive and confused lives to new victorious lives in Christ Jesus; and the healing of our broken relationships and physical ailments. We want to let the people know that God is alive, that He loves and cares for us and that He is willing to forgive us, heal our diseases, and deliver us from all our troubles if we repent of our sins, turn away from our wicked ways, and establish a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ Who shall set our hearts on fire with the love of God and neighbor. What plan of action does the El Shaddai DWXI-PPFI undertake to pursue its vision and mission? To pursue our vision and mission, we conduct fellowships and programs which are focused on the inspired proclamation of the Living Word of God and the life-testimonies of people whose lives have been touched by El Shaddai. We also utilize the modern tri-media technologies: television, radio and print. In addition, community chapters nationwide and international chapters abroad hold weekly prayer-meetings as a result of the enthusiasm of the prayer-partners to share with others the El Shaddai DWXI-PPFI’s Spirit of Faith, Love and Unity!
Our Commitment Let us therefore offer ourselves as a living sacrifice, holy and wholly acceptable unto God, through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, with the help of the Blessed Virgin, Mother of Christ, the angles and the saints now praying for us in the presence of God Almighty, let every service volunteer put into practice and make a lifelong commitment.
1) Prayer time—before anything else, we must set a time of prayer, preferably at 6:00am; 12:00 noon; 6:00 pm, wherever we may be. Starting with the Lord’s Prayer, Psalm 91, Hail Mary, ending with Glory be to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, and intercession for the entire Ministry.
2) Eucharistic Attendance—We must set a day each week to personally attend a Eucharist Celebration, preferably in your parish, together with your family and receive Holy Communion. When on assignment, attend the Eucharist Celebration together with our Brothers and Sisters in the place of your assignment. This is apart from the Mass and Healing Rallies we hold.
3) All Service Volunteers, when not assigned outside Metro Manila, must regularly attend the on-going Formation Seminars of Disciples and Coordinators, must go to regular confession at least once a month, and receive communion thereafter.
4) Each and every Service Volunteer must have his/her own Father Confessor and Counselor to whom he/she can entrust his/her spiritual life for guidance, a priest or bishop of his/her confidence.
5) Each Service Volunteer must be willing to sacrifice everything—honor, wealth, time, comfort, strength, for the glory of God Almighty, and for the good of the Ministry and the people of El Shaddai.
6) Every Service Volunteer must follow a continuing study of and meditation on the Scriptures, and labour to put the Gospel of Christ into action, no matter what the cost.
7) Each Service Volunteer must be ready to be admonished, reprimanded, persecuted, disciplined, either for a cause or no cause at all, believing that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him.
Cyprus Chapter We meet every Sunday and also Thursday for the Thursday group in Limassol. We meet at the Catholic Parish Church, all over Cyprus. We have about 500 members in Cyprus, and in Nicosia between 100 and170. Contacts:
- Ss. Mae Andal———–97887943
- Sis. Mary Jane Justado-96726235
- Sis. Venus Mesa———99814265
- Sis. Maritess Manzanes-96366075
- Sis. Bernadette Koutsidou- 99728898 Contact Person (Nicosia/Larnaca)
- Sis. Rufina Trance- 99777328 Sec./treasurer
Overall spiritual director Rev. Fr. Zacheusz Dulniok (ofm) 96367710